IF YOU WANT TO KNOW HOW TO BURN FAT WITH ONLY YOUR BODYWEIGHT (NO EQUIPMENT!) ANYWHERE ANYTIME, THEN YOU WANT TO READ THIS ARTICLE.
Although it would be nice to have a full gym set-up just in the other room, the reality is most of us don’t.
In fact, some of us are limited to a small space in our homes, apartments, or condos to get the job done, which is totally okay. Exercise is dynamic, which means there’s an exercise routine for any time or place.
Whether you’re stuck inside, limited due to travel, have mom-duties (or dad-duties) or are tied to a gym with minimal equipment, we’ve got a way for you to burn fat using just your bodyweight.
In today’s article, we’re giving you a no-equipment, bodyweight-only workout that’ll have you sweating and burning calories in no time. All you need is a little space to get started!
No Equipment, Bodyweight-Only Exercises
Below we’ve got 10 bodyweight exercises you can do anywhere without any equipment:
1. Bodyweight Squats– Set your feet shoulder-width apart, toes slightly turned out. Pull in your lower abs, and keep your eyes forward. Slowly bend at the knees and drop your hips to lower your body. Keep your heels flat on the floor. At the bottom of the exercise pause for a moment and strongly push back up to the starting position, mirroring the descent. Repeat for the desired number of reps.
2. Static Lunges– Stand with your feet about shoulder-width apart. Starting with your right leg, and while keeping your back straight, take a large step forward until your knee is above your feet and your right leg is at a 90º angle. Step back into your starting position, and repeat with your left leg. Repeat for the desired number of reps.
3. High Knees– Jog in place while bringing your knees as high up as you can. You can also bend your arms at a 90º angle at your side to "slap" your knees as they come up. Do as many as you can, taking small breaks in between.
4. Jumping Jacks– Standing in place, jump up while simultaneously widening your stance and bringing your arms up over your head. Do as many as you can with breaks in between.
5. Reverse Lunge– Rather than stepping forward as you did with Static Lunges, you'll be stepping backward. Your right knee should be pointing towards the ground, your right knee should be in line with your toes. Push yourself forward to the start position and repeat with your left leg. Repeat for the desired number of reps.
6. Glute Bridge Raise– Laying on your back with your feet flat on the floor, raise your hips until your shoulders are fully supporting you. Lift and raise your hips while squeezing your glutes, repeating for the desired number of reps.
7. Pushups– In a plank position parallel on the, repeatedly lift and lower your body, essentially "pushing" yourself off the floor. Remember to keep your body as straight as a board as you do your pushups. Repeat for the desired number of reps.
8. Dips– Sit on the edge of a chair, couch or bench with your hands firmly palm-down next to each hip and your legs out straight in front of you. Using your upper body strength, repeatedly lift and lower your body. Repeat for the desired number of reps.
9. Reverse Crunch– This one is a bit tough to explain, so here's a great video to help.
10. Planks– Lay on the ground with your hands underneath you. Push yourself up, so you're facing the floor, but only your hands and your feet are. Your body should straight, ensuring your hips are in line with your body, and your arms are under your shoulders supporting you. Hold for any desired amount of time.
Build Your Own Home Workout:
Complete 4 rounds total performing each exercise for the prescribed time. Rest as little as possible in between sets to really get a sweat going.
If you want to take the intensity up a notch, make sure to apply our Sweat Ignition Gel to your stomach, legs, and arms 15 minutes before your workout.